- Mechanical ventilation complications
- Lung overdistension, barotrauma, lung collapse, and blood desaturation
- Significant costs to health care system
Invasive Mechanical Ventilation (IMV) in the USA
IMV represents a high and mortality group of patients that are associated with significant costs to the healthcare system.
per 100.000 adults
received IMV in 2009 (1)
Hospital cost increment
by one IMV day (2)
Cost saving per patient
after implementation of CLRT (3)
Multicare X‘s frame-based lateral tilt with programmable Automatic Lateral Therapy
Automatic Lateral Therapy with Electric Impedance Tomography
Automatic Lateral Therapy (ALT)
Lateral tilt with adequate PEEP can control ventilation distribution and trigger lung opening
Electric impedance tomography
Provides real-time visualization of patients' mechanical ventilation
Benefits of Alt guided by Alt
(1) Mehta AB, Syeda SN, Wiener RS, Walkey AJ. Epidemiological trends in invasive mechanical ventilation in the United States: A population- based study. J Crit Care. 2015 Dec;30(6):1217-21. doi: 10.1016/j. jcrc.2015.07.007. Epub 2015 Jul 16. PubMed PMID: 26271686; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4628853.
(2) Mechanical Ventilation in the Intensive Care Unit. THE AMERICAN ASSOCIATION FOR THE SURGERY OF TRAUMA [online]. 633 N Saint Clair St, Suite 2600, Chicago, IL 60611: AAST, 2019 [cit. 2019- 09-27]. Available from: http://www.aast.org/GeneralInformation/ mechanicalventilation.aspx.
(3) Kang SY, DiStefano MJ, Yehia F, Koszalka MV, Padula WV. Critical Care Beds With Continuous Lateral Rotation Therapy to Prevent Ventilator- Associated Pneumonia and Hospital-Acquired Pressure Injury: A Cost- effectiveness Analysis. J Patient Saf. 2019 Mar 20;. doi: 10.1097/ PTS.0000000000000582. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 30896557.